You’ll learn 8 more colloquial expressions that will make your English sound natural and more like a native speaker.
Now you’re talking!
Voice message from Luis from Mexico.
La Pergola bar/restaurant/kiosk in Valencia.
Voice message from José Ignacio – 7.5 result in IELTS
I ‘wouldn’t have expected’…
Learned ‘from scratch’
‘It’s on me’
1.Don’t get me started/going (on…) ! (I have very strong feelings on this)
2. Don’t even go there! / I wouldn’t go there if I were you! / Let’s not go there! / Best not go there! (Don’t talk about that subject)
3. I can live with that. / I’m happy enough with that. / I could settle for that. (That’s something I can get used to)
4. Hang (on) in there. (Be patient. It’ll work out. Everything will be ok)
5. Off the top of my head. (without checking or thinking about something)
6. Now you’re talking (my (kind of) language)! (used to tell someone that you agree very much with what they are saying)
7. It’s a recipe for disaster. (something that will probably result in a bad or negative outcome)
8. I can’t get my head around/round it. (when you can’t understand or accept something)
We hope you’ve been able to get your head around these 8 expressions and that you’ll use them to improve your colloquial English. And now it’s your turn to practise your English.
Send us a voice message. https://www.speakpipe.com/inglespodcast
Send us an email with a comment or question to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit our online store: https://store.mansioningles.net/
Thank you to all of you who are helping us by supporting this podcast on Patreon. Join our Patreon program for as little as $1.20 per month (including VAT) and you get instant access to recent transcriptions. https://www.patreon.com/inglespodcast.
Welcome to our new Patreon supporters who have joined us this month:
David Santana Rubiales
Pedro J. Estébanez
If you enjoyed this podcast, please tell your friends.
The music in this podcast is by Pitx. The track is called ‘See You Later’