Today we’re focusing on grammar and we’re going to help you avoid making some common grammar errors that Spanish speakers sometimes make. Welcome to Aprender ingles with Reza and Craig.
Voice message from Maria Jesus from Valencia
to congratulate you (on)
‘They make my day’
I find it hard to interact’
What kind of writing do you need to do? (exams, work emails, creative writing)
FCE/CAE exam writing: http://www.rubenvaler o.com/english/
Private classes on Skype
29 Grammar Mistakes that Spanish Speakers Often Make
- I have 24 years. – I’m 24 / I’m 24 years old.
- Reza has phoned you an hour ago. – Reza phoned you an hour ago.
- There are always bad news in the newspapers. – There is always bad news.
- Nicole Kidman acts really good. – Acts really well.
- My friend has a son which looks like Sylvester Stallone. – who looks like.
- Reza and Craig are living in Spain for more than 20 years. – have been living.
- I must to buy some milk before mum gets here. – must buy
- Let me give you a good advice; Never get married! – some / a piece of advice
- I can’t pass this stupid exam. I don’t have vocabulary enough. – enough vocabulary
- I’m not drinking alcohol. I don’t like the taste. – I don’t drink
- Nearly all people in Spain likes rice. – Everyone / Everybody
- I am looking forward to receive the information as soon as possible. receiving
- Pepito hasn’t never been abroad. – has never / hasn’t ever
- Reza goes rarely to the pub at lunchtimes. – Rarely goes
- Valencia has such a fantastic weather. – such fantastic
- Juan has been working as a waiter since eight months. For eight months
- Craig’s English lessons are always bored. – boring
- When you make this exercise, make your best not to do mistakes. – Make/do!
- I’m agree with you up to a point. – I agree
- I was late due to the traffic was bad. – due to the fact that
- I’ll borrow you my camera if I can lend your car for the weekend. Lend TO / borrow FROM
- The people want money but they don’t like to work for it. – People in general
- Fish and chips is a popular English plate. – dish
- Excuse me, could you tell me where is the nearest bank? – where the nearest bank IS
- Do you think Madrid will win the league this year?
– I don’t hope so! (I hope so / I hope not – I think so / I don’t think so)
- How do you call this in English? What do you call this? / How do you say this?
- Bart Simpson isn’t used to do homework every day. – Doesn’t usually do / Isn’t used to doing
- I went to the nightclub by my own. – on my own / by myself
- She asked me where was the money and I just laughed. – where the money was
Visit our online store: https://store.mansioningles.net/
What would you like us to talk about in this podcast?
Send us a voice message. https://www.speakpipe.com/inglespodcast
Send us an email with a comment or question to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to all our wonderful Patrons who are supporting the podcast (names on the website)
Special thanks to Bruno our Gold Sponsor who offers walking tours of Copenhagen – in English and Spanish – https://www.copenhagenwalkingtour.com/
Also, Favela walking tour in Rio, led by local guides only. It’s safe and it helps the community to improve their daily needs. Go to Bruno’s websites to find out more information: http://www.favelawalkingtour.com.br/
Join our Patreon program for $1 per month and you get instant access to recent transcriptions that have been lovingly transcribed by Angélica Bello https://www.patreon.com/inglespodcast
Welcome to our new Patreon supporters who have joined us this month:
José Maria Hernandez Hernandez
Rafael Castro Guzmán
On next week’s episode: Romantic Body Language
The music in this podcast is by Pitx. The track is called ‘See You Later’
“Porch Blues” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0
Our Wonderful Podcast Patreons are:
Adriana Rojas Suarez
Alberto Valverde Conde
Ana Fernandez Monterrubio
Carlos Cano Domingo
Copenhagen Walking Tour
Eva Maria Elizalde MartÃnez
Francisco Javier Alejandre Sebastian
Javier Correa Sambade
Jose Luis Arregui
Jose Luis Hernandez
Jose Manuel Pelaez Invernon
Jose Manuel Romero Garcia
Jose Antonio MuÃ±oz
Juan Carlos Pantin Fernandez
Juan Carlos Rodado
Juan Leyva Galera
Julia Frasquet Morant
Lucas Antonio Soto Frias
Luis Santiago Lopez Caraballo
Maite Palacin Perez
Marina Ortiz Pena
Nestor G M
Pilar Martinez Andres
Reynaldo Esparza Garcia
Txema Santa Cruz